[Scilab-users] Video Player in Scilab

Philipp Mühlmann p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:49:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

I suppose you always excange the current data of the already existing
Matplot with new Frame data?

Otherwise you would add a axis-children each time you excecute "Matplot
"..hence for each frame.

This will make you function become very slow after short time.

you can check with:

a = gca()
a.children

a.children should have only one entry.

I had this behaviour as described above building a GUI for scolling through
a set of Images.

My work around:

- create an empty Matplot first.

- At the real displaying of data I only exchange the "matplot.data" such
as:    a.children.data. = new_image;

Greetings,
Philipp

> Hello,
>
> We are building a computer vision toolbox which requires developing a
> video player.
>
> We developed imshow using Matplot and then looped imshow over the number
> of frames in the video to play the video. This method makes the video
> player very slow. Is there any other way to play a video in Scilab using
> any scripting tool/ GUI developer? Any leads would be appreciated.
>
> Shamika

In Kanada is' ka' na' da. Sonst wär' Kanada Jemanda.

There we have the salad.