[Scilab-users] Release Scilab-6.0.0-beta-2

Scilab Team yann.debray at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Jun 20 12:33:13 CEST 2016

Hello Scilab user,

We released the beta-2 version of Scilab 6.0.0, the upcoming revisited
version of our open source platform for modeling, simulation &
scientific data analysis.
This 6.0.0 beta 2 is a release candidate for all users, commercial as
well as community.

Download*Scilab 6.0.0 beta 2 <http://www.scilab.org/download/6.0.0-beta-2>*

*Specific to this release:*

--> Xcos - the graphical tool for dynamic systems modeling and
simulation - also uses the new re-written Scilab engine, and is now
running in native code, which should provide much better performance as
well as support for much bigger models. Xcos can load and run models
created with earlier versions of Scilab.

--> Stability for toolboxes migration - The software is now stable
enough, for you to port your code and toolboxes to Scilab 6. Post your
new version on ATOMS <https://atoms.scilab.org/add/>.

*New in Scilab 6:*

--> New computation core enabling bigger data sets

--> Utilities for development productivity
<http://scilab.io/products/scilab/algo-dev/> (debugger, profiler and
coverage)

Please do give us feedback, and report bugs <http://bugzilla.scilab.org/>.
We keep on dedicating ourself to make Scilab better for everyone.
We hope you will enjoy this new release.

--
The Scilab Team