[Scilab-users] Optimization: First order delay and dead time TF model ID, CUTEr

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Fri Mar 25 18:54:18 CET 2016

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 09:54 -0700, noguchi wrote:
> Hello, SCilab Users,
>
> May I ask your help?
>
> I still not find practical solution to minimize my object function by Scilab
> tools.
> Model: ym(n)=ym(n-1)*amp+Kpm*bmp*u(n-1-Tdm)  where n=step=1:1:500)
> Object function: sum of square of (y(n)-ym(n))
>

> Using Excel, I made same objective funtion and minimize it by solver. The
> solution is sometimes good but some times bad. Therefore, I still need
> Scilab code to solve this problem.
>
> May I ask how I can wrote scilab commend to solve this problem?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>

> Y. Noguchi FODDT_ModelID_SISO_r0.xls
> <http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4033859/FODDT_ModelID_SISO_r0.xls>

I don't have time to work up an example of this, but -- have you looked
at the help page for datafit?  It looks like it'll do the job (I know
how to do this with optim, but I suspect that I should have been using
datafit for a lot of that stuff).

You may want to make sure you know what you're optimizing _for_ -- I
assume that ym(0) = 0, and that amp, Kpm, bmp and Tdm are your free
parameters.

If so, you may want to revisit your problem -- Kpm and bmp are
redundant; if you're trying to optimize on both of them then you may be
confusing the optimizer.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com