[Scilab-users] getf()?

scilab.20.browseruk at xoxy.net scilab.20.browseruk at xoxy.net
Fri Mar 25 21:24:31 CET 2016

> getf has been replaced with exec(...). See help exec.  Éric.

Thanks Eric.

Replacing the two calls to getf() in inittk.sce with exec() got me further.

Then it trapped on the call to scicos()
(presumably the library/application distributed by the website where I found the example.)

However, I'd seen xcos() in the docs, took a punt that this was scicos
folded into the main SciLab distribution and I substituted thatxcos() for scicos()
and the application went to the next level and displayed an xcos window of ?icons?.

That had a "run" button, which I clicked and a graphics window (window 0) popped up briefly,
before the entire system (SciLab et. al,) terminated silently.

Any thoughts on how to work out what happened and how to fix it?

(Sorry for the simplistic questions; but I'm very new to SciLab.)

Thanks, Buk.