[Scilab-users] Debugging binary .cos

scilab.20.browseruk at xoxy.net scilab.20.browseruk at xoxy.net
Sat Mar 26 08:39:53 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to get a SciLab xcos application contained in

    http://www.scicos.org/examples/pdtk.zip

to work.

It appears to have been built for an earlier version of SciLab than I am using (5.2.2), and so requires some changes.

This is now done to the point where the invocation of the binary file pdtk.cos causes the xcos window to appear successfully.

However, when I click the run button, a graphics window appears briefly before the whole application
-- graphics, xcos, and scilab console et. al. -- just vanish and the entire kit & caboodle self terminates silently.

By silently, I mean literally nothing. No popups. Nothing in the system or application logs. Nothing that I can find anywhere.
SciLab just stops.

Can anyone suggest how to begin to debug this?

Alternatively, what I'm really after is an example of controlling the parameters of a graph interactively via the mouse or keyboard.

Probably (I think; I'm very new to SciLab) using the mouse or keystroke in one subplot plot to visually adjust the parameter values
and have the graph (2d plot) in another subplot change accordingly.

Does anyone know of an example of doing something like this that is publicly available.

I'm just looking to short-circuit the learning curve.

Thanks, Buk.