[Scilab-users] API Error

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed Oct 5 17:07:09 CEST 2016

Hello Shamika,

Are you sure that 'c' is a mlist? When I try you code with

  -->c=hypermat([2 3 2 2],1:24); callOct(c);

with a dummy callOct, I get an early error in getListItemNumber:

   "API error: in getListItemNumber: Invalid argument type, list expected"
   "This variable is not a list"

Now wen I try with

  -->c=list(1,2,3); callOct(c);

I don't get an error.

Hope this helps,

Paul

On 10/05/2016 06:54 AM, Shamika Mohanan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Scilab 5.5.0 API in c++ code. I have the following code-
>
> sciErr = getVarAddressFromPosition(pvApiCtx, 1, &piAddr);
> if(sciErr.iErr)
> {
>  printError(&sciErr, 0);
>  return 0
> }
>
> sciErr = getListItemNumber(pvApiCtx, piAddr, &noItemList);
> if(sciErr.iErr)
> {
>  printError(&sciErr, 0);
>  sciprint("This variable is not a list");
>  return 0;
> }
> for( a= 1 ;a<=noItemList ; a++)
> {
>  sciErr = getMatrixOfDoubleInList(pvApiCtx, piAddr, a, &iRows, &iCols,
> &listItem);
>  if(sciErr.iErr)
>  {
>   printError(&sciErr, 0);
>   return 0;
>  }
> }
>
> This is part of a larger function. For the function call
> d=callOct(c),where c is an mlist (3D matrix),  I get the error
>
> API Error:
>     in getMatrixOfDoubleInList: Unable to get address of item #2 in
> argument #1
>     in getMatrixOfDouble: Invalid argument type, double matrix expected
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Shamika

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.68
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com