[Scilab-users] Forum dedicated to Scilab developments

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Wed Oct 5 20:25:06 CEST 2016

To the extent that this may have been sparked by my comments in your
thread about the FFT ("shift phase in fft"):

Please don't stop asking questions here if it is the forum that you are
the most comfortable with.

I was expressing the opinion that for discussions of the underlying
math, there are other resources, and I was acting on a -- possibly
unfounded, in your case -- concern arising from seeing other people who
seem to have difficulty unraveling the behavior of the tool from the
structure of the underlying math.

As long as I'm subscribed to the list, I won't hesitate to discuss the
underlying math when I think that's warranted.  And, in those cases
where I actually know how to make the tool cough up results in ways that
aren't totally screwy, I'll speak up there, too.