[Scilab-users] Plot format changes

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Thu Oct 6 21:57:27 CEST 2016

So, I have some code that works all right, it works all right but not
exactly quite*:

    errbar(time(ixg) / sampleRate, ..
                demodulator.eqData.idealPulse(ix), pv, pv);

    gfig.children(1).children(1).clip_state = 'on';
    gfig.children(1).children(1).segs_color = 4;

This has worked for me splendedly for years, but there's something about
the data that I'm running through it today that makes it error out,
reporting that

!--error 999
'clip_state' property does not exist for this handle.

Is there something about the errbar function that would cause this thing
to not HAVE a clip_state?  When I look at 'gfig', gfig.children(1) does
have a clip_state -- but that's not where that data object should be.

(just FYI it's printing out a horribly complicated plot to debug an
algorithm -- it's a plot with 55 sub-plots, each one keeping track of
one version of the algorithm, all of which are running in parallel.)

* Name that tune.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com