[Scilab-users] determination of peaks and valley on a noisy signal

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:04:00 CEST 2016

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing the interesting code & link.
Please note that for noisy data you may still be able to use your peaks-and-valleys code by filtering the input data beforehand.

Depending on the type of noise, Scilab offers different solutions:
- Low-Pass filters: if the noise is mainly higher-frequency than the signal
- Loess non-linear method (available in Scilab’s CWA toolbox): good to remove outliers
- etc.

Regards,
Rafael