[Scilab-users] Fwd: plotxxyyy

Frieder Nikolaisen Frieder.Nikolaisen at student.hs-rm.de
Tue Oct 11 15:24:09 CEST 2016

Hi Rafael,

I tried it. But then I have a fourth plot, taking 1/4
of the window. I tried to use marings and looked subplot up in the help
- but there is nothing about how to turn of the y-axis space (not just
hide the y-axis) and to cut the space of the fourth plot the Minimum,
that it sits direclty beneath the 3th.

Thanks for the idea, Rafael.

Regards

Frieder

On 2016-10-11 14:46, Rafael Guerra wrote:

> Hi,

> I was not able to follow the whole discussion but concerning your
subplot challenge: "_… I cannot add a second x-axis in a subplot by
newaxis(). How to add a x-axis by using subplot?_" and your last
example,

> Couldn't you add a 4th subplot at the bottom in order to
plot the 2ndx-axis (say by plotting only zeros)?

> Regards,

Rafael

> FROM: users [mailto:users-bounces at lists.scilab.org [1]] ON
BEHALF OF Frieder Nikolaisen
> SENT: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:04
AM
> TO: Users mailing list for Scilab <users at lists.scilab.org [2]>

SUBJECT: Re: [Scilab-users] Fwd: plotxxyyy

> Dear Jens,
>
> yes,
the plot_date_16_lines.gif Show real data, but only a few lines of it.

> For two reasons, showing the datevec isn't a good approach i asked
for. Your tip to show the secounds instead of the datenumber, solved the
Problem to have a readalbe time. I use a first diagramm for choosing the
intervall I am going to process later on. For the choosing of the time
period, I have two butooms that Show two different Diagramms. The first
shows the entire time period and the scound enlargest the choosen period
of time.

> I choose the period by tiping the start and finish line
number in my gui. With the secounds printed, I do not know the line
number. So I have to try and print and try and print. ...

> Why
aren't the secounds the same as the line number (data Point)?

Because my data Looks like this:

> Zeit Distanz Geschwindigkeit 1
Drehzahl Cv-Druck Richtung Lokbremse anlegen Lokbremse lösen Zugbremse
anlegen Zugbremse lösen Kupplung betätigt Bremsen aktiv

> 03.04.2012
08:49:20.090 46476.4940 0.00 478.61 0.53 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
> 03.04.2012
09:42:42.120 46476.4940 0.00 1150.71 0.24 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
> 03.04.2012
09:43:03.350 46476.4940 0.00 1059.06 0.24 0 1 0 1 0 0 0
> 03.04.2012
09:43:03.550 46476.4940 0.00 1059.06 0.24 0 1 1 1 1 0 0
> 03.04.2012
09:43:09.460 46476.4945 1.70 1059.06 0.24 0 1 1 1 1 0 0

> Translate
the header: time distance Speed Revolution Speed, ....

> The time
period between each data Point isn't the same. Once the locomotive
starts to operate, the programm does print line by line, each time a
paramter changes. If the locomotive stands a few hours around, the data
has a gap.

> But I want to print on one x axis the time in Secounds
(or maybe hours or days, depends on the period I have to process). On
the secound x-axis, I want to print the line number. On the attached
Diagramm, you see that there is a gap between secound 2000 and secound
3500. That one must to be seen in the Diagramm, but I want to know what
line is secound 2000 and what line is secound 3500, to maybe chosse the
time of Operation of the locomotive before These night break.

> The
question of datapoints is: They differ between a few tousand (50 000)
and a few millions. The Programm must be able to operate with booth. The
first Diagramm is going to Show me the entire time period of a few days.
Then I have a secound Diagramm. With the secound one, I choose by tiping
the start and finsih line number in my gui, the time period of my
Diagramm. Maybe one day. Then I have the data a Little big bigger, then
I do choose the hours of interet. That might be just one hour. Then I do
type the lines of this time period.

> In the end, I do print the
choosen time period in a new document, adding (calculating) a few more
parametre like traction. With the printed document, is for Simulation.

> My approach now is. Plotting three Diagramm abooth each other. But
I cannot ad a secound x-axis in a subplot by newaxis(). How to add a
x-axis by using subplot?

> Thank you for your Support.
>
> Cheers

> Frieder
>
> (my webmailing Programm changes my lettering to
capalization by Default, enyoing).

Links:
------
[1]