[Scilab-users] using csvRead

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Oct 15 15:45:11 CEST 2016

Hello

Le 14/10/2016 00:08, Philipp Mühlmann a écrit :
> Dear Scilab users,
>
> having a data file (*.cvs) containg following format:
>

> HEADER-Line
> dd.mm.yyyy, HH:MM:SS.MS <http://SS.MS>, value01, value02
>
> dd = day
> mm = month
> yyyy = year
>
> HH = hour
> MM = minute
> SS = second
> Ms = milli second
>
> ValueXY = numerical value
>
> Is it possible to use cvsRead in such a way to define the separator
> beeing ',' and ':' at the same time?
Beside the solution provided by Serge, if you wish to stick to
csvRead(), have you tried using its "substitute" option, with a [":"
","] value?
I didn't, but would be interested by results. I am wondering whether the
substitution is done before splitting the line with the separator (then
"substitute" will work), or after. This detail would deserve being
documented.

Read you soon
Samuel Gougeon