[Scilab-users] Changes on ATOMS to post toolboxes for Scilab 6

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Oct 30 18:58:59 CET 2016

Le 24/06/2016 17:40, Scilab Team a écrit :
> Dear Scilab Users,
>

> We've made a few changes on the ATOMS website
> (https://atoms.scilab.org), in order to provide better support for the
> 6.0 release, and to improve the speed and ease of use of ATOMS. The
> general idea was to have simple things that work well rather than more
> complex things that work sometimes only.
> .../...
>
> *
> Complete change log:*
>
>   * .../... Search is now usable in FileExchange (was so slow it was
>     unusable before)
>   * On Fileexchange, groups of files are now called "file sets"

.
On file exchange, it is no longer possible to display the page of the
last version of a fileset when this one has several versions:
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/14828

So, could you just tell us the interest to add a fileset version
upgraded to Scilab 6 whether the related page can't be displayed for
anyone (ever for the fileset admin)?
For instance, try this one:
https://fileexchange.scilab.org/toolboxes/140000/*6.0*
The 1.0 version is displayed.

This is the same for all filesets with several versions, and that lasts
for 5 months now.

For ATOMS as well as for FileExchange, while inviting them to upgrade
contributions to Scilab 6.0, it would be kind -- or may be just normal
-- to /allow/ authors and users to /really /manage and reach /external/
contributions.

Hope reading you asap
Samuel Gougeon

PS: You look to aim forcing authors using the BSD lisence for filesets,
since nothing has been done to reopen the choice after this strict
restriction since June. This is also blocking.
All these blocking bugs and limitations and S/E passivity about them are
a strong invitation to build a general contribs repository out of S/E
infrastructures. This would relieve S/E to concentrate on its business,
and would enable authors and users working normally.