[Scilab-users] Functions lib

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Sep 22 08:26:27 CEST 2016

Hello,

Le 22/09/2016 08:08, Gerhard Kreuzer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I now have some functions and want to use it from different scripts. Copying
> this functions into each script isn't that nice. Any way to have some
> 'function library' which I can put all this common things?
.
You may
* put all of them (.sci files) in a directory,
* cd to this directory
* do
    genlib mytoolslib   // where mytoolslib is the name you want to give
to the library
    edit SCIHOME/scilab.ini
    // in your startup file scilab.ini, add the line, to load the
library at startup of each new scilab session
    mytoolslib = lib(path_to_the_lib_directory);

Then for each new Scilab session, the functions of your library with be
available from anywhere in the session.

HTH
Samuel Gougeon