[Scilab-users] Functions lib

sgougeon at free.fr sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Sep 23 17:30:15 CEST 2016

----- Mail original -----
De: "Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe"

>Hello all, hello Samuel,

IMO, as already mentionned on this forum, lib() looks almost useless.
load() does exactly the same, except that it does not allow to rename
on loading the loaded library. It names it according to its default
name declared when compiling it.
But i never met circumstances where the default name was a problem.
Rather, most often we try to guess what is the default name of the library
to use it as LHS output of lib().

Yes, "help lib" is outdated.
"help genlib" actually speaks about the "lib" file:
"When all .sci files have been processed, genlib creates a library variable named lib_name and saves it in the file lib in dir_name."

Samuel