[Scilab-users] Plot with two different y-axis as one plot

sgougeon at free.fr sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Sep 26 18:29:53 CEST 2016

>De: "Frieder Nikolaisen"
>.../...
>I do use the ScilabHelp, but I cannot find a plotyyy. That isn't the Demos?

no. To get and use the demos manager, you may run
--> demo_gui

>.../... In this case, if I zoom in after
>plotting, that might be called interactiv, I only zoom in the later
>plotted graph, not both. So I cannot compare both Graphs, because they
>are now related to two "different" x-axis.

Sure. This is the bug fixed last summer.
Installing the most recent nightly release of Scilab takes 3 mn
and does not require uninstalling your running stable 5.5.2 release.
You may have as many different Scilab installed versions as you want,
in parallel. This is a common situation for developers or others.

>There isn't a plotyyy function in SciLab, only the workaround?
It is not a work-around. A native plotyyy() is not really needed.
Then why not a plotyyyy, plotyyyyy, plotxx, plotxxx, plotxxyy, etc?
Such a collection would be quite meaningless.
Only the fact that you can build the desired multiaxes plot function
of your dream and needs is meaningful. Scilab enables you to do so.

>> What do you mean by "2 on both sides"?
>
>Having four Graphs with four different y-axis (instead of only two).
>It's quite common in my field of engineering.

Would you have a snapshot of such a plot?
When there are really many plots sharing the same x-axis for different y
scales, another solution is to use subplot(n,1,i) instructions with
multiple plot2d(x, yi) with the shared x absissae.

HTH
Regards
Samuel Gougeon