[Scilab-users] [Scilab-Dev] Scilab release frequency ?

Dirk Reusch lists at kybdr.de
Mon Apr 10 15:33:28 CEST 2017

Hello,

regarding future release cycles, I would really appreciate to see
offical releases as needed and based primarily upon stability criteria.

IMHO, for production use, especially after the big step from 5.x to 6.x,
it is inevitable to have official 6.0.x bug fix releases asap, otherwise
developers and users will stick to 5.5.x and get frustrated ...

Nightly builds are fine, as a testing and development platform, but not
really suited for end users ...

Regarding the incorporation of new features, it is IMHO not that
important to know, how many releases will be made per year.
It is important to know, when will a new feature be available and
useable.

In summary, I would like to see official releases as needed, rather than
following a rigid schedule.

Best regards,

Dirk

PS: Why are Coverity Fixes not directly applied to the 6.0 branch?