[Scilab-users] Some errors and a question.

Pablo Fonovich Pablo_F_7 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 14:53:56 CET 2017

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

> First of all, i cannot run scilab 6.0 in Ubuntu 17.10, gives
> GTKLookAndFeel error that was adressed in the past, but not resolved.

I cannot reproduce on my linux machine, but I'm also not using Ubuntu.
However the error is kinda strange, since Scilab doesn't use the Gimp
Toolkit (GTK). So I suspect it is something wrong with your environment /
desktop setting.

Yes, it could be. Anyway i'm not the only getting this error on ubuntu. See this link: https://www.scivision.co/install-scilab-linux/

<https://www.scivision.co/install-scilab-linux/>

> Second, in my Ubuntu 16.04 PC, scilab 6.0 gives seg fault when trying to
> use bode function.

Can you provide a minimal code snippet to reproduce?

t1 = 1225; t2 = 3245;
tau = 3/2 * ( t2 - t1 )
theta = t2 - tau

s=poly(0,'s')
G=syslin('c',1.72/(1+tau*s)*(2-s*theta)/(2+s*theta))
bode(G)

In console, it gives: Segmentation fault (core dumped) (ubuntu 16.04, scilab 6) In scilab 5.5.2 works fine the same code.

________________________________
> First of all, i cannot run scilab 6.0 in Ubuntu 17.10, gives
> GTKLookAndFeel error that was adressed in the past, but not resolved.

I cannot reproduce on my linux machine, but I'm also not using Ubuntu.
However the error is kinda strange, since Scilab doesn't use the Gimp
Toolkit (GTK). So I suspect it is something wrong with your environment /
desktop setting.

> Second, in my Ubuntu 16.04 PC, scilab 6.0 gives seg fault when trying to
> use bode function.

Can you provide a minimal code snippet to reproduce?

> And last, is there a way to simulate a trasnfer function with delay using
> csim? i'm using pade aproximation by hand right now...

Sorry no clue about that one.

regards
richard

lists.scilab.org
The place to ask (and answer) questions on using Scilab. To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the users archives.