[Scilab-users] C/C++ compiler for Mac OS Sierra

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Feb 14 09:03:49 CET 2017

Hello Reinaldo,

You don't have to install the whole Xcode to have gcc (pointing to
clang) available, you can simply install the command-line tools
<http://www.mkyong.com/mac/how-to-install-gcc-compiler-on-mac-os-x/>.

Regards,
Paul

On 02/13/2017 07:46 PM, Reinaldo Golmia Dante wrote:
> Hi Scilab users,
>
> I would like to install only a C/C++ compiler for Mac OS Sierra. I had
> installed Xcode, but it was very heavy (about 4.5GB) for the SMD disk
> in my MacBook Air. I'd like to install Eclipse IDE C++ to program
> C/C++, but I think it requires a C/C++ compiler, doesn't it?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best,
> Reinaldo.

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.68
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com