[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.0.0 cannot start

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Feb 23 17:52:15 CET 2017

Hi Stefan,

Le jeudi 23 février 2017 à 15:47 +0100, Stefan Du Rietz a écrit :
> I will first tell you some odd things. It appeared that Scilab 5.5.2
> had got exactly the same issue in this computer (I had not used it for
> a while)! I know that the only changes since I last used it were,
> besides installation of Scilab 6, updates of Java and Windows 7 Pro.
>
> I uninstalled Scilab 6, then uninstalled and reinstalled Scilab 5 to
> no avail.
>
> As far as I can imagine, it must be a permissions issue that is not
> present in the Console?
>
> Do you have a hint? Do you still want me to open a bug?

These kind of issues are always hard to fix, usually I recommend to install Scilab in an up-to-date
computer. Could you try launching scilab from the command-line and log any issue ?

Note: opening a bug will log the issue. This is useful to track the number of impacted users as well
as keeping track of related information. I always prefer closing a bug as "WONTFIX" or "INVALID"
rather than looking for information on a ML thread :).

Thanks,

--
Clément