[Scilab-users] Strange behaviour of the auto-indent ctrl + i

Pierre Vuillemin contact at pierre-vuillemin.fr
Fri Feb 24 10:01:38 CET 2017

Hello all,

I've just realised that block-comments are now available in Scilab 6 and
I find it quite convenient. I've noticed strange behaviour when using
the auto-indent tool ctrl + i in scinote though.

For instance with this code

// Author : Pierre Vuillemin (2017)
// License : GNU GPL

function problem = sopi_max(fun, varargin)
    /*
    Creates a maximisation problem.

    Calling Sequence
       problem = sopi_max(fun)
       problem = sopi_max(fun, c1, ..., cn)

    Parameters
       fun      : the objective function (sopiVar)
       ci       : constraints (sopiCst or list of sopiCst)
       problem  : the optimisation problem (sopiPro)

    See also
       sopi_var
       sopi_min
       sopi_solve
       sopi_example
    */
    problem = sopi_min(-fun, varargin(:))
endfunction

the auto-ident tool adds strange indentation to the endfunction + it
suppress the indentation of the text withing the block comment.
Shouldn't it behave as if // were used?

Regards,

Pierre