[Scilab-users] Strange behaviour of the auto-indent ctrl + i

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Feb 24 10:28:42 CET 2017

Hi Pierre,

The handling of comments looks buggy indeed, could you please report a
bug <http://bugzilla.scilab.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Scilab%20software>
with the test-case?
Thanks!

Regards,
Paul

On 02/24/2017 10:01 AM, Pierre Vuillemin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've just realised that block-comments are now available in Scilab 6
> and I find it quite convenient. I've noticed strange behaviour when
> using the auto-indent tool ctrl + i in scinote though.
>
> For instance with this code
>

> // Author : Pierre Vuillemin (2017)
> // License : GNU GPL
>
> function problem = sopi_max(fun, varargin)
>    /*
>    Creates a maximisation problem.
>
>    Calling Sequence
>       problem = sopi_max(fun)
>       problem = sopi_max(fun, c1, ..., cn)
>
>    Parameters
>       fun      : the objective function (sopiVar)
>       ci       : constraints (sopiCst or list of sopiCst)
>       problem  : the optimisation problem (sopiPro)
>
>    See also
>       sopi_var
>       sopi_min
>       sopi_solve
>       sopi_example
>    */
>    problem = sopi_min(-fun, varargin(:))
> endfunction
>

> the auto-ident tool adds strange indentation to the endfunction + it
> suppress the indentation of the text withing the block comment.
> Shouldn't it behave as if // were used?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.68
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com