[Scilab-users] Interfacing to third party DLLs

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Jan 8 20:29:54 CET 2017

Hello James,

Le 07/01/2017 23:01, James Holland a écrit :

> I'm new to Scilab but I have some experience with MATLAB. I'm trying
> to port some code that calls functions in a third party DLL. From what
> I've read I can't do this if the function returns a value however that
> article was a couple of years old,

It would be interesting to have a pointer to this article. It looks very
unlikely, or even wrong.
A requirement indicated in Scilab documentation is about the calling
convention:
--> uman call d

Limitations to Shared Library Support
-------------------------------------
.../...
  Scilab shared library interface (call function) supports only C and
fortran libraries
  routines.
  In others cases, we recommend to use api_scilab interfaces.

  Troubleshooting Shared Library Applications (Windows)
Some shared libraries, compiled as Microsoft Windows 32 or 64 bit
libraries, use a
  calling convention that is incompatible with the default Scilab
calling convention.
The default calling convention for Scilab and for Microsoft C and C++
compilers is
  cdecl.
  For more information, see the MSDN® Calling Conventions and Wikipedia
articles.

For a broader overview :
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/section_eb691bc0a443eb3a95bc5db4d1be2102.html

HTH