[Scilab-users] sparse in Scilab 6.0.0

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Sat Jul 8 19:47:50 CEST 2017

Please read the Matlab's help page for sparse at
https://fr.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/sparse.html :

S = sparse(i,j,v) generates a sparse matrix S from the triplets i, j,
and v such that S(i(k),j(k)) = v(k). The max(i)-by-max(j) output matrix
has space allotted for length(v) nonzero elements._*sparse adds together
elements in v that have duplicate subscripts in i and j.*__*
*_
Scilab devs have always wanted to have no strings attached to Matlab
conventions. Sometimes this has been a good idea, but here this is
definitely not the case...

S.