[Scilab-users] sparse in Scilab 6.0.0

Pinçon Bruno bruno.pincon at univ-lorraine.fr
Sat Jul 8 19:54:27 CEST 2017

Le 08/07/2017 à 19:09, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

> From a general non-sparse and non-finite-element point of view, this
> feature looks like a hack.
> Now, it has never been documented in Scilab. Then, it was considered
> and reported as a bug
> @ http://bugzilla.scilab.org/7675
> If apparently it needs to be restored, it clearly needs to be
> documented, and actually asks
> for an option. Could you -- Bruno and Stephane -- comment the report
> please?

       Hi Samuel,

     I don't remind my login/pass so I will let Stephane do it.
    In fact there are several cases where this feature is useful
    (not only building fem matrices). I remember coding a 2d
    histogram (or something like that) in an efficient way thanks
    to it. It belongs to those special tricks in matlab-like softwares
    which make it possible to speed-up some algorithmic operations.
    I understand it looks quite strange the first time and I don't know
    why it iwas not documented...

    Bruno