[Scilab-users] Matlab vs Scilab perf

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 19:33:36 CET 2017

Speaking from experience:

It is worth mentioning that in many ways performance is not critical
for a "lab" language like Scilab or Matlab. It is just an extremely
simple language to test concepts and algorithms at a very small scale
of granularity. The real crucial factor for Scilab or Matlab is the
GUI for exploring data and developing algorithms interactively. Once
you have a working solution, you'll fit it inside a bigger and more
relevant
system by porting promptly to a language like C++ for scalability and speed.

Just use Scilab for what its worth, don't obsess with speed, even
though it is important.

Best,

--
Dr Ricardo Fabbri