[Scilab-users] Logical Operations (&&, ||) with tlist, mlist, or UserType arguments badly crashes Scilab 6.0.0

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Mar 12 16:47:43 CET 2017

Hello Dirk,

Le 12/03/2017 à 15:24, Dirk Reusch a écrit :
> Using precompiled Scilab 6.0.0 Linux 64bit, the following procedure
> crashes Scilab silently ...
>
> Startup execution:
>
> --> a=tlist("T")
>   a  =
>         a(1)
>
> --> a & a
>
> Undefined operation for the given operands.
> check or define function %T_h_T for overloading.

> ... SCILAB CRASHES !!!

Confirmed. It is clearly a bug, very similar to this one:
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/15008

By the way, we may be wondering about the overloading codes for && and
||, that are not documented.
If there are no specific codes and codes of & and | should be used, how
would it be possible from the overloading function to distinguish
between a call to & from a call to &&?
But this is another question, beyond the crash.