[Scilab-users] non linear optim

paul.carrico at free.fr paul.carrico at free.fr
Mon Mar 20 19:13:14 CET 2017

Hi All

I've ever been thinking that fminsearch uses Nelder-Mead algorthm i.e.
it is an order 0 method (no gradient is needed to determine the local
extremum) ; this is a personnal approach but I uses NeldeMead (with
bounds and restarts) instead of fminsearch for a limited number of
variables.

Nota bene : I'm still using Scilab 5.5.2 release

Paul