[Scilab-users] ?= Install image processing toolbo

Tan Chin Luh chinluh at tritytech.com
Tue Mar 21 02:34:08 CET 2017

Hi,

Great that you've get it works.
The crashed was caused by 2 reasons:

1. If you're running latest kernel (e.g Ubuntu 16.04), the crash is
caused by the older libgomp.so library distributed under Scilab 6
binary. This problem could be resolved with the OpenCV installed as
along the installation the latest libgomp.so would be installed to the
system as well.

2. If you're running an older version (e.g Ubuntu 14.04) , the crash is
caused during the loading of the IPCV library which is compiled with
newer version of gcc.

Usually in linux, a lot of codes/program will just ask the user to
download the source and recompile on the system itself. This will
eliminate the issue of crashing. Another way is packaging the libraries
into the software package, which could be a more complicated process for
the developer.

For the problem you faced, it is definitely not the atoms portal issue.
Atoms portal does not handle the third parties library an atoms-module
required, and the dependencies of the module which could also crashed
with the version of libraries carried by the Scilab binary.

So with all these problem, I tried to come out with the "less" effort
way for the user to make it works on linux, still causing crash for the
first time, but with extra 1-2 steps will solve the problem.

Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Luh