[Scilab-users] Clear, export only an axis

sgougeon at free.fr sgougeon at free.fr
Thu May 4 01:52:52 CEST 2017

Hello,

>Is it possible, when many axes (plot2d or polarplot) are docked into a unique figure,

You mean: when using subplot()? Then, we do not properly speak about "docking".
Figures that are really docked together or to the desktop remain separated.

>to export the PNG of an axis like with the xs2png() function
>and a figure, without exporting the whole figure?

AFAIK, it is not possible. Exports apply only to whole figures.
But you may copy() an axes alone into a new figure, and then export this one.

>Also, is it possible to clear only one axis which is contained into a figure
>without clearing the whole figure?
Yes, with
delete(handle_of_the_axes)

HTH