[Scilab-users] How to read in date & time ?

Richard llom richard.llom at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 15:38:45 CET 2017

Hello,
I have logfiles in the following form:
DESC: AAA 2017
Datum;Zeit;kWh
01.01.2017;06:00;419,942
01.01.2017;07:00;513,273
01.01.2017;08:00;478,268
01.01.2017;09:00;711,572
01.01.2017;10:00;606,592
01.01.2017;11:00;594,92
01.01.2017;12:00;594,92
01.01.2017;13:00;524,933

I can read these in either as double or string
[log_data, comments] = csvRead(log_file, ";", ",", "double",[],
"/^[^0-9\-]/");

[log_data, comments] = csvRead(log_file, ";", ",", "string",[],

However what I'm missing is a way to convert the date & time column to a
date format in scilab. There doesn't seem to be function for this in scilab.
Is there a recommended way of doing so?

Thanks & regards
richard

PS:
I'm so glad the list is working again! Would have been nice tho to inform
the users in advance and with some sort of status.scilab.org site or
something...