[Scilab-users] surf and %nan

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 10:22:00 CET 2017

Hi Richard,

Scilab 5.5.2: had to use stacksize('max'), data loaded but surf would not display 866 x 654 matrix

Scilab 6: it did not work fine with one of the following syntaxes:
asc_data(asc_data==-999) = %nan
surf(asc_data);

or with:

ix = find(asc_data==-999)

asc_data(ix) = %nan

surf(asc_data);

Note that as shown by Samuel and in the test I produced yesterday, the syntax in your original code produces wrong results:

[a,b] = find(asc_data==-999);

asc_data(a,b) = %nan;

To use the indices a,b this should be modified as:

[a,b] = find(asc_data==-999);

asc_data([a;b]) = %nan;

However this last syntax seemed to work on yesterday's test on a much smaller matrix but it is not working on your big one... Not sure if this is a bug or problem with the syntax, needs further investigation.

Regards,

Rafael