[Scilab-users] guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Blaise kblaaz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:39:20 CET 2017

Hello guys,

Recently I tried to create a GUI in scilab using guibuilder. I could save
and run the GUI, but the problem occured when I was going to open the GUI
via guibuilder to make some changes. I got a message:

operation -: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
empty matrix result.
operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
empty matrix result.

What I found until now is (unfortunately) a not working solution on this
site (comment lines): https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/guibuilder.

My OS is Windows 10 Home (x64). My scilab version is 6.0.0 (x64).

So far I have tried to solve this problem in the following ways:
1. Install guibuilder with tools -> atoms manager.
2. Console -> atomsUpdate('guibuilder').
3. Console -> atomsInstall(["guibuilder" "4.1"]).
4. Delete the scilab\contrib\archieves folder and install guibuilder again.
5. Download guibuilder-4.1-bin.zip file and manually place it in
scilab\contrib\archieves.
6. Install the x32 version and try the above ways.

Every method i tried to install the guibuilder says that version 4.1 was
installed, but when I launch the builder it shows 4.0.1.

I would be really grateful for your help.

Cheers