[Scilab-users] guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Nov 30 20:45:55 CET 2017

Le 29/11/2017 à 21:39, Blaise a écrit :
> Hello guys,
>
> Recently I tried to create a GUI in scilab using guibuilder. I could save
> and run the GUI, but the problem occured when I was going to open the GUI
> via guibuilder to make some changes. I got a message:
>
> operation -: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
> empty matrix result.
> operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
> empty matrix result.

I have installed this module with Scilab 6.0.0+ for Window_x64 without
any issue,
including the call to
--> guibuilder
with no warning. So, these warnings and the final error occur when
opening the actual GUI
that you have created. It is hard to reproduce and help debugging
without the actual GUI's file.

> What I found until now is (unfortunately) a not working solution on this
> site (comment lines): https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/guibuilder.
>
> My OS is Windows 10 Home (x64). My scilab version is 6.0.0 (x64).
>
> So far I have tried to solve this problem in the following ways:
> 1. Install guibuilder with tools -> atoms manager.
> 2. Console -> atomsUpdate('guibuilder').
> 3. Console -> atomsInstall(["guibuilder" "4.1"]).
> 4. Delete the scilab\contrib\archieves folder and install guibuilder again.
> 5. Download guibuilder-4.1-bin.zip file and manually place it in
> scilab\contrib\archieves.
> 6. Install the x32 version and try the above ways.
>
> Every method i tried to install the guibuilder says that version 4.1 was
> installed, but when I launch the builder it shows 4.0.1.

I get as well this "4.0.1" in the title of the GUI. I think authors have
just forgotten to update it,
but the version is actually the 4.1 one. I would not take care about this.

Samuel