[Scilab-users] xclick bug on Mac OS ?

philippe rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 13:42:26 CEST 2017

Hello Samuel,

> Hello Philippe,
>
> Sorry, but i don't catch clearly the circumstances of this bug.
> Are you the user that experimented this bug, or someone else did?
> If you are not the user, where did you find the primary information?

the user was one of my student during a course :-)

> If you are the user, why do you say that "you can't reproduce it because
> you don't have a Mac" while you experimented it on a Mac? Would you
> mean that the bug is a transient not fully reproducible one?

that's it : the bug appeared only with Mac OS X  and scilab 6.0.0

> Unfortunately, the screenshot does not show the bug.

It can't, the user click in the graphics windows , xclick retrieves the
position, and there is a plot of this position which is very different
from the position of the mousse.

> When providing the piece of "code like..", i am afraid that the "like"
> is risky.
> So, is it actually/this/ code that yielded the bug, or you don't know?

yes it is this part of the code (which does not appear in the screen
shot because it is embedded in one of the function call.

> Such a bug was already met to set a legend:
> http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13592 <http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13592>
> So , it could be the same for xclick, whether it it used in a figure
> /homed in a uicontrol frame/.

yes it looks close to what happens with xclick  and legend with optional
argument "5" puts the legends at mousse position so both bugs should be
related.

> Version information may be useful, but less than a minimal
> self-sufficient copy/pastable
> piece of code that, in a fresh scilab session, yields the bug.

the code below should be the minimal example :

clf; plot2d(0,0,rect=[0,0,1,1]);xgrid(1);// set graphic windows
[ibutton,x,y]=xclick()// +  click in graphic window
plot(x,y,'xr') // ->the position differs from the mousse position

Best regards,

Philippe