[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Oct 30 10:33:26 CET 2017

Hello Fabrice,

Le 30/10/2017 à 10:21, Lesept a écrit :
> I'm using Scilab 6 on Windows 7.
> When I execute Scilab, everything goes well, but after a certain delay, I am
> enable to display variables' values. E.g., if I type
> d=6
> this creates the new variable 'd', I can see it in the 'navigateur de
> variables', but the console does not provide any answer to that command.
> Then if I type 'd', no answer again. To display the value I have to use
> 'disp(d)'.
> Is this a bug?
> When I used Scilab 5, I didn't have this problem.

Something in a script might have changed the mode(). To get back the
display, you may try to input
mode(2)
in the console

> Also, Scilab is not linked to .sce or .sci files, I have to load these files
> manually in the editor.
This is a matter with your OS.
For my part, i do not link these extensions to Scilab, because otherwise
a new Scilab session
is opened for each double-clicked file, instead of sending them to the
already opened session.

HTH
Samuel