[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Oct 30 12:39:46 CET 2017

Le 30/10/2017 à 10:33, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
> Hello Fabrice,
>
> Le 30/10/2017 à 10:21, Lesept a écrit :
>> I'm using Scilab 6 on Windows 7.
>> When I execute Scilab, everything goes well, but after a certain
>> delay, I am
>> enable to display variables' values. E.g., if I type
>> d=6
>> this creates the new variable 'd', I can see it in the 'navigateur de
>> variables', but the console does not provide any answer to that command.
>> Then if I type 'd', no answer again. To display the value I have to use
>> 'disp(d)'.
>> Is this a bug?
>> When I used Scilab 5, I didn't have this problem.
>
> Something in a script might have changed the mode(). To get back the
> display, you may try to input
> mode(2)
> in the console

Normally, after executing a script changing the mode() (with exec()),
the mode() should not
be changed in the calling environment.
When doing extensive tests when rewriting the mode() page (attached), i
noticed some
"overflow" affecting the console when putting mode(..) in a callback.
But today i did other
tests (only with console menus, not with uimenus), and mode(.) in
callback no longer
affect the console mode. So, i no longer have clear idea about the
mode() overflows
that are sometimes observed, actually. There might be some "wild
overflows", yielded
only by some specific hardcoded instructions...? Hard to say.
For callbacks, may be i did first tests with uimenu or uicontrol, and
the behavior with
addmenu is different?! I am a bit bored with all these tests in all ways :(
I hope that for uicontrols, the callback behavior is the same for all
uicontrol styles!

In practical, i am afraid that if you put mode(2) at the end of your
script and you run it
with exec(), mode(2) will not fixed the issue. Does it?

BR
Samuel