[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 problem with "Prettify"

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Sep 7 23:14:25 CEST 2017

Le 06/09/2017 à 21:33, Claus Futtrup a écrit :

> Hi there
>
> I've started to use the prettify functions by Pierre Vuillemin. So far
> so good in Scilab 5.5
>
> Now I've started to look into Scilab 6 (not least because graphics is
> much faster), but I get a weird error.
>
> If I start Scilab, first time I execute the code, I get an "Invalid
> buffer." message.
>
> Second time I execute the code then I get a bad message:
>

> --> exec('C:\Users\claus\Documents\Scilab54\z3mfit.sce', -1)
> at line    93 of executed file
> C:\Users\claus\Documents\Scilab54\z3mfit.sce
>
>                             'labels_font_size'  ,  3,...
>                             ^^
> Error: syntax error, unexpected "'", expecting "," or )
>

> When I run my script, the first thing my code does - it clears all
> variables, all graphics and clears console, so it's not "old" stuff
> from previous run that is the problem. Or ???
>
> The "line 93" is part of the default options in Prettify, where it
> says labels_font_size. It looks like this:
>
> default_options  =  struct('title_font_size'    ,   4,...
>                           'labels_font_size'   ,   3,...
>                           'thicks_font_size'   ,   2,...
>                           'num_format'         ,   '',...
>                           'leg_font_size'      ,   3,...
>                           'line_thickness'     ,   2,...
>                           'xstring_font_size'  ,   2)

Weird errors sometimes occur after copying/pasting some code from a rich
text formated document to Scinotes or the console. Some usual characters
like the space or quotes may have some special encoding in formated
text, and keep it in Scinotes, but are not aknowledged by the parser.
The last time i got this situation, it was about spaces  that looked
like spaces, but that were not ascii(32). To avoid this, i pasted the
text in a raw text unformated .txt file before copying/pasting in Scinotes.

HTH
Samuel