[Scilab-users] weird bug with scicv: can you help me reproduce it & report it correctly?

antoine monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Wed Apr 11 10:15:44 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I'm facing a weird bug with scicv atoms in scilab6.0.1.
Under certain conditions, trying to access an image that has been
deleted crashes scilab.
Here is a script to reproduce the bug (almost straight from imread help
page):

//////////////////////////////
scicv_Init();
img = imread(getSampleImage("lena.jpg"));
matplot(img);
delete_Mat(img);
img(:,:);//scilab crashes if this is typed in the console. No problem if
ran from scinotes!
//////////////////////////////

The weird thing is that running this script from scinotes (ie F5 on it)
does not cause any issue.
But running it and then typing :
     img(:,:);
in scilab console crashes scilab.

Is this expected to get two different results when running from the
console or from scinotes?
Can anyone reproduce this bug?
(I am under linux Ubuntu 18.04).

Thanks in advance for your help,