[Scilab-users] weird bug with scicv: can you help me reproduce it & report it correctly?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Apr 11 11:09:09 CEST 2018

Hello Antoine,

I do not think that this behavior is proper to sciCV or any very
specific function.
It can be reproduced for many situations, provided that executing from
Scinotes or from the console is done without echo (= in silent mode).
Typically,
echoing a bunch of commands into the console quite often crashes Scilab.

Now, as already discussed in private for the impact on uman(), sciCV had
an issue : The current version still distributed on ATOMS includes some
read() and write() implementations that overwrites Scilab's ones
and -- at least for write() -- are not compatible with the native versions.
This yields some errors, but does not make uman crashing:
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/scicv/0.4#comment2883
Simon told me that this bug is fixed, but the new version is not
yet pushed on ATOMS.

Regards
Samuel