[Scilab-users] How to overload "double" function ?

philippe rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:44:49 CEST 2018

Hi Samuel,

> The overloading mechanism is not systematic. It is implemented (or not)
> function per function.
> It is currently proposed for some of them, but not all of them.
> If you need it for double(), you shall post a wish on Bugzilla.

Thanks Samuel! In fact, I've already overloaded iconvert but I did not
remembered it! Since the error message refers to "double" it is not easy
to remember the correct way for overloading.

> PS: for instance, iconvert(p,0) makes the same as double(), and is
> overloadable:

 That's the problem : it was true in scilab-5  but iconvert seems no
longer overload double in scilab-6. See below :

--> function y=%p_iconvert(x,itype)
  >     y="OK"
  >  endfunction

-->  X=poly(0,"x")
 X  =

-->  double(X)

double : Types erronés des arguments d'entrée : entiers, booléens ou
réels attendus.

-->  iconvert(X,0)
 ans  =

 OK