[Scilab-users] ATOMS error Scilab 5.5.2

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Aug 27 21:09:39 CEST 2018

Le 27/08/2018 à 20:20, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
> ../...
> ----------
>
> For CPGE: This module depends on the "iodelay" module (this is
> indicated in its online description).
> This means that you must install iodelay first. Otherwise, ATOMS with
> see that you don't have it, and will try to find it *online*, *even in
> offline mode*. Finally, it display an error message in the console
> about the fact that iodelay is missing.
> This is also the ATOMS client behavior in Scilab 6.0. In my opinion,
> it is not correct: A warning message should be displayed in the
> console, and the installation stopped, without error. offline means
> offline.
>
> So, try it: install iodelay. And then instal CPGE, and try to load it.
> It should be OK. It has a right loader.sce, that calls it .start file.

A way to do it more easily is to put the iodelay AND the CPGE zip files
together in SCI/contrib/archives.
Then, do as usual, in offline mode
--> atomsInstall CPGE

and hope that atoms won't try to get anything online...
When requiring iodelay, it should automatically probe the archives
directory to find its zip file.

If you don't have any administration rights to write in the SCI
directory, you might put zips in the SCIHOME/contrib/archives directory
instead (unchecked).