[Scilab-users] ?==?utf-8?q? macOs High Sierra

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Tue Feb 6 17:58:59 CET 2018

Hello Philippe,

I agree with you that any regression when Scilab, your graphic drivers or your OS gets updated is a real pain in the beep.
It's also clear that Scilab has some stability issues, in particular concerning its oversensitivity to graphic drivers¹.
However, from my (limited) experience, I think you blame the wrong guy here: I ditched macos ages ago just because most of my daily open source softs were buggy and unreliable (scilab, inkscape, gimp, vlc, ...).
The situation is much better under linux or windows for most of them.
I'm not judging here the merits of macos, I just noticed that too many of the softs I depended on were working way better somewhere else...
As for the general trend for Scilab becoming less reliable over time, well I remember the good old times of Scilab 2.6. I don't miss it and think 6.0 is way more stable! :-)

Cheers,

Antoine
¹ I know that graphic drivers tend to be a big bundle of bugs, but when Scilab crashes because of graphic drivers issues, matlab, julia, and other java or openGL softs like paraview seem unaffected.