[Scilab-users] A new smarter default grid style for Scilab 6.1.0 (SEP)

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Feb 14 14:12:52 CET 2018

Dear co-users,

New smart lines styles #7 to #10 were defined 3-4 years ago:
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/fr_FR/polyline_properties_3.png

However, the default grid_style == #3 has not been improved.
Being aware that better styles are available, this makes me setting by
hand the grid_style almost every time that i need it. Somewhat boring...

I propose to change the default style to one of the new values #7 to #9.
The full rational for this proposal is posted as bug
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/15421
where a piece of code is available, to test and compare.

The related screen shot is here:
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/attachment.cgi?id=4637

Comments are welcome

Best regards