[Scilab-users] circshift() : Scilab Enhancement Proposal

antoine monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Wed Jan 3 09:09:24 CET 2018

Hi Samuel,

Thanks a lot for this nice SEP.
I have a couple of comments:

1) I think I should be good to also show some multidimensional examples
using "shifts" and using both "shifts" and "dims". Sometimes in the
scilab documentation, the user is served with examples only covering the
most basic usage and not the advanced one with N optional arguments.

2) For multidimentional cshift, the order of the shifts (for example
shift  by N along the lines than shift by M along the columns or the
other way round) is key, right? Inverting the order would give a
different result, right? Should this be specified in the SEP:

circshift(A, shifts) first circularly shifts indices of A rows by
shifts(1), then the indices of A columns by shifts(2), then indices of A
layers by shifts(3), etc.

Cheers,

Antoine

(& Happy New Year to all!)