[Scilab-users] circshift() : Scilab Enhancement Proposal

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Jan 3 15:17:10 CET 2018

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for your time to have read this proposal and comment it.

I am afraid i don't catch your first point. As far as i understand your
suggestion, the last existing example with an hypermatrix of texts
already fulfills it.
For my part, in examples, i think it is better to show results as often
as possible, not only the code. Since there is presently no way to
display examples by default in a fold way (at least in the native Scilab
help browser/viewer, with a "+/-" clickable switch), this makes quite
long pages that requires to be scrolled a lot. By the way, as soon as
hypermatrices are involved, displayed results are still more lengthy.
So, in my opinion, there is a compromise.

About the order of multiple crossed or parallel or mixed shifts: no, the
order does not matter. One gets the same result whatever the order is.

Happy new year 2018 to you and to every scilaber.
Have nice projects and involvements with Scilab and others.

Best wishes
Samuel