[Scilab-users] GUI programming

Nikolay Strelkov n.strelkov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:09:33 CET 2018

Dear Claus!

It seems that Scilab GUI programming is not fully described nowadays.

When I programmed my Mathieu Functions Toolbox version 4 with GUI
<http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/Mathieu/> I gathered information from
whole internet.
You can learn GUI programming by analyzing and breaking its main GUI file
<http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/mathieu/source/tree/master/demos/mathieu_gui.sci>
(see it's page on Forge
<http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/mathieu/page/Demos-0/> ; demo is
available from Scilab: *? -> Scilab Demonstrations -> Mathieu functions ->
GUI for Mathieu Function Toolbox* ) :)

I have bookmarked some pages:

   - http://atoms.scilab.org/categories/GUI - you can download and read
   source code of available ATOMS
   - https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/guicontrol
   - http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/gui/demos/
   uicontrol.dem.sce - uicontrols demo 1 (available from Scilab: *? ->
   Scilab Demonstrations -> GUI -> Uicontrols 1* ; locally as
   /usr/share/scilab/modules/gui/demos/uicontrol.dem.sce)
   - http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/gui/demos/
   cb_uicontrol_plot3d.dem.sci - uicontrols demo 2 (available from Scilab: *?
   -> Scilab Demonstrations -> GUI -> Uicontrols 2* ; locally as
   /usr/share/scilab/modules/gui/demos/cb_uicontrol_plot3d.dem.sci ) - *it's
   recommended starting point, I think*
   - http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/signal_
   processing/macros/wfir_gui.sci - wfir_gui() example (locally as
   /usr/share/scilab/modules/signal_processing/macros/wfir_gui.sci )
   - http://www.openeering.com/sites/default/files/LHY_Tutorial_Gui.pdf -
   you already know it
   - http://scilab.io/products/scilab/application-development/
   - http://scilab.ninja/scilab-recipe-4-gui-basics/ - now offline, but
   cached on Google
   <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://scilab.ninja/scilab-recipe-4-gui-basics/&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=gN1oWsi-HsKrswH74Z2YCA>
   - http://tritytech.com/courses/scilab-courses/32-creating-
   innovative-gui-using-scilab.html
   <http://tritytech.com/courses/scilab-courses/32-creating-innovative-gui-using-scilab.html>
   - TrityTech present course "Creating Innovative GUI using Scilab" you can
   try to contact them for materials

I have never seen comprehensive book
<http://www.scilab.org/en/resources/documentation/books> about programming
GUI in Scilab (in any language).
So If I remember correctly I read some books about MATLAB's GUI (uicontrol)
function and extrapolated this material to Scilab.

--

*With best regards,Ph.D., *

*associate professor at MPEI
<http://mpei.ru/lang/en/Pages/default.aspx>,IEEE member,maintainer of