[Scilab-users] GUI programming

philippe rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:04:33 CET 2018

Hi

Le 24/01/2018 à 19:49, Claus Futtrup a écrit :
> Hi Scilabers
>
> Is there a comprehensive manual or book (in English, or alt German)
> about programming GUI in Scilab? (or a comprehensive web-page)

programming GUI in scilab relies on a good comprehension of graphics
handles. The 4th chapter of my book is dedicated to graphics and contain
few pages about GUI conception (part 23.4  pages 338 to 353)  :

https://www.d-booker.fr/scilab-book1/325-scilab-fundamentals.html

You can find a simple example (with call-back inside)  detailed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRXr22VZNJM

It's sufficient to understand the basis of GUI.
> I think that what I need is not just examples. I need explanations, and
> preferably something coherent that I can combine and work with, into
> something that works.

That was the aim of my book : giving simple examples with detailed
explanations, well ordered so that you can learn scilab with more
efficiency than jumping from one help page to another.

Philippe