[Scilab-users] Matrix of strings and grid

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Jul 14 15:19:34 CEST 2018

Hello Ludovic,

Le 14/07/2018 à 09:38, ludovic.wagner67 at gmail.com a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to display spreadsheets on a graphic window (the idea
> is to embed some features of spreadsheet programs). I need  to superpose
> matrix of strings over grids using xrects(rects, fill).
>
> PS I have several thousands rows to display, so I can't loop through and
> draw all elements individually. Of course, I will add a slider to scroll the
> spreadsheet, but that's not an issue..
>
> Is it possible to adjust and constraint the height of each row when drawing
> matrix of strings?

A uicontrol - listbox component may be used to get a scrollable stylable
area.
Styling is done by using some (implicit or explicit) HTML tags. HTML 4.0
is supported.

Please see for instance:
--> demo_gui() // => GUI => Listboxes and Popupmenus
--> edit SCI/modules/gui/demos/uicontrol_listbox_popupmenu.dem.sce
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.1/en_US/uicontrol_properties.html =>
String => listbox

-->
edit("SCI/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsSetInstalledList.sci",64)

To cancel elements interactivity, just keep their .callback field empty.

HTH
Samuel