[Scilab-users] Anticipating Scilab 6.1

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Jul 28 13:41:39 CEST 2018

Hello Clément, hello Antoine,

I have two similar requests about anticipating the first Scilab 6.1
release (likely in feb. 2019?): Would it be possible

  * on the ATOMS website, administration page of modules, binaries
    management section: to add a "6.1" flag in order to become able to
    upload and manage packages for Scilab 6.1 from now? Releasing a
    Scilab version with an empty ATOMS list is indeed almost useless.
    About this topic: in the 6.1 release, adding the 6.0 repository in
    the default repositories list would be highly welcome. This could
    even become a rule: for any 6.x version, having the 6.x and the
    6.(x-1) as default reachable repositories would avoid breaking most
    of users habits, what's rather the situation with Scilab 6.0.

  * on the bugzilla website: add a "6.1.0 (master)" item in the versions
    list (it could be renamed "6.1.0" when releasing it)? Many bugs
    fixes for stability are being included in Scilab master, and to me
    it becomes worthwhile working with the master
    <https://build.scilab.org/view/Scilab%20master/>, 6.0 being so unstable.

Thanks

Best regards

Samuel