[Scilab-users] Data acquisition with Scilab - 01 - Introduction

Witczenko witczenko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:32:59 CEST 2018

Dear Scilabers,
In these post, I want to show you how to use Scilab for data acquisition
with free MicroDAQ toolbox.
I hope it would be helpful for some of you.

MicroDAQ Toolbox lets you make a variety of measurements directly from
Scilab without the need to
convert the data or import from other software. The toolbox includes
functions for controlling analog inputs,
analog outputs, digital I/O (quadrature encoders, PWM).
In this post, I want to focus on acquiring an analog signal.

Let's start by installing latest toolbox version:
atomsInstall("microdaq");

Once toolbox is installed we can check what MicroDAQ unit we've connected to
our PC.
mdaqHWInfo();
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/t497333/hwInfo.png>

Now we can start the main part. By using two commands from toolbox we can
configure
data acquisition session and acquire samples.

Here is the code:
*mdaqAIScanInit(1, [-10 10], %F, 1000000, 0.1);
data =mdaqAIScan(100000, %T);
plot(data);*

The first command sets analog channel 1 (AI1) with ±10V input range and
1Msps sampling rate for 0.1 second.
The second command reads acquired analog samples.

Link to
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/microdaq

Best Regards,
Witczenko